Monday, January 14, 2013

Purr Verse

Give me a mole or a moose or a mouse,
Make it quite small, or as big as a house,
Buy me a bear or a mean old black bat,
But I beg you please, do not give me a cat!

Mail me a whale or a wart hog or worm,
Something that crawls or that creeps or can squirm,
Pass me a buck! Send a hare out of place,
Or do a bad tern, but a cat I can't face!

A snake I can take, (though I quake at the thought),
Or a skunk or a hunk of some "gross" thing you've caught,
An eel or an owl or a newt or a gnat,
Or some fleas, if you please, just don't send me a cat!

However, there's one thing that I dislike more
And that is a Rat! Oh, a rat I'd abhor!
If I found just one little rat in my flat,
I know what I'd do -
I'd go get me a cat!

4 comments:

  1. OK MOM I WON'T SWEAR ANY MORE!!!!

    should I also cancel the KITTEN I was GONNA get you for MOTHERS DAY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nooooo ... please do not cancel the kitty ...

      JUST KILL IT!!!
      Meeeeowry ;)

      Delete
  2. OH MEAN MOMMY THEY ONLY DO THAT IN CHINA------ THEN EAT THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Oh, is that what the Chinese call ... cat sup? (Hee hee hee). Bet they taste delish, washed down with MusCATel wine. ;)

      Delete